Terms and Conditions
Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to The Peoples State Bank (“Bank”, “we”, “us”, “our”) mobile banking application (“Mobile Banking” or “PSB Anywhere Mobile Banking”) and its use as it relates to accessing your accounts and related services (Related Services) to which you may from time to time subscribe. Use of PSB Anywhere Mobile Banking constitutes your agreement to the following terms and conditions:
- Mobile Banking is only available to users enrolled in Online Banking. The Online Banking Agreement and associated terms and conditions therefore apply in addition to the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Monthly fees and charges, if any, for the use of Mobile Banking are disclosed in the applicable Fee Schedule, and are in addition to any monthly fees or charges that may be applicable to your accounts or any Related Services accessed through Mobile Banking to which you may subscribe.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE YOUR USE OF MOBILE BANKING AND RELATED SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES), IS AT YOUR RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE BANK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE USE OF MOBILE BANKING AND RELATED SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. THE BANK MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT MOBILE BANKING AND RELATED SERVICES (I) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE, (III) THAT THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM MOBILE BANKING AND RELATED SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND (IV) THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED. IN NO EVENT WILL THE BANK BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE MOBILE BANKING OR RELATED SERVICES OR FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, EVEN IF THE BANK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- You agree that the Bank may provide you with all disclosures, notices, and other communications about Mobile Banking and Related Services, and any future amendments or changes or additions to these terms and conditions, in electronic form. The Bank will provide all future updates to the terms and conditions by posting them on the Website. At your request, the Bank agrees to provide you with a paper copy of these terms and conditions. You may request a paper copy by calling the Customer Service Center at (812) 876-2229. Your consent to receive notices and updates in electronic form only will apply for as long as you use Mobile Banking and Related Services. You may withdraw your consent at any time by choosing to cancel Mobile Banking and Related Services. The Bank may amend or change these terms and conditions (including changes in the fees and charges incorporated by reference) by giving you the minimum notice required by law before the effective date of the amendment or change. Use of Mobile Banking or Related Services after the effective date constitutes your agreement to the amendment or change. Amendments may include adding new terms or conditions as well as deleting existing terms and conditions. Prior notice need not be given where an immediate change in terms or conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of Mobile Banking or Related Services or the safety of our relationship with you, or is otherwise required immediately by law. The Bank shall thereafter promptly advise you of any such change in writing.
Remote Deposit Capture Service Terms and Conditions
- The Remote Deposit Capture Service (“Remote Deposit “) is a Related Service and provides you the ability to access and make deposits to your designated eligible accounts using Mobile Banking. Remote Deposit is designed to take advantage of The Check Clearing for the 21st Century Act and its regulations (collectively “Check 21”). Remote Deposit enables you to use a compatible handheld device to scan an image of original paper checks (“Original Checks”) that are drawn on or payable through United States financial institutions (each a “Check Image”) and to electronically submit the Check Image and associated deposit information to the Bank from your home or other remote locations using Mobile Banking for deposit into a designated eligible account for collection thereafter by the Bank. A Check Image submitted to the Bank electronically for deposit is not deemed received until the Bank accepts and confirms receipt of your Check Image deposit.
- Your use of the Remote Deposit is subject to the following requirements:
- To access the Remote Deposit you must have or acquire and maintain a compatible handheld device and a wireless plan from a compatible wireless carrier.
- Enroll in both Online Banking and Mobile Banking, and download the application that is compatible with your wireless device.
- You must meet any requirements the Bank, at its sole discretion, may set from time to time with respect to maintaining your eligible account(s) in good standing as a prerequisite for being approved for Remote Deposit. Such requirements may include, but not be limited to, length of time opened, minimum deposit thresholds, consideration NSF or Overdraft activity, or history of check losses.
- You may scan and submit Check Images for deposit to the Bank within the dollar limits (“Deposit Limits”) established for you by the Bank. The Bank reserves the right to limit the frequency and dollar amount of deposits submitted through Remote Deposit. If you exceed the Deposit Limits established for you, the Bank may in its sole discretion accept or refuse the Check Image deposit. If at any time the Bank accepts a Check Image deposit that exceeds your Deposit Limits, the Bank will have no obligation to do so in the future. The Bank may at any time at its sole discretion raise or lower your Deposit Limits.
- By accessing Remote Deposit, you authorize the Bank to provide you with access to all of the eligible accounts you designate to participate in Remote Deposit. The following account types are currently eligible for Remote Deposit: checking (excluding Rebound Checking), savings, and money market accounts.
- Endorse the check and add “For Bank Deposit Only” below your signature. All deposits are subject to inspection and can be adjusted upon review.
- Scanning and submitting Check Image deposits does not constitute receipt of the deposit by the Bank. Generally, Check Image deposits received and accepted prior to 4:45 p.m., Eastern Standard Time are processed on the Business Day of receipt. Any Check Image deposit received and accepted after this time or on Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays or when the Bank is otherwise closed will be processed on the Bank’s next Business Day. Acknowledgment that your Check Image deposit has been received by the Bank does not mean that the Check Image deposit was received error free.
- You may verify receipt and the amount of your Check Image deposit credited to your account by reviewing your statement or transactions online or by calling the Bank Customer Service Center at (812) 876-2229.
- You agree that you will use Remote Deposit to scan only Original Checks payable to you and properly endorsed by you, drawn on financial institutions in the United States with a valid ABA/Routing Number and denominated in U.S. Dollars, and intended for deposit by you to your designated account with the Bank. Items not meeting the above requirements may be eligible for deposit by alternate methods such as in-person or by mail using an account deposit slip.
- You understand that the Bank is not obligated to accept for deposit any Check Image that the Bank in its sole discretion determines to be ineligible for Remote Deposit. Ineligible items include: Check Images of items drawn on banks located outside the United States, Check Images that are illegible, images of checks previously converted to Substitute Checks (as defined by Check 21), and Check Images with unreadable magnetic ink character recognition (“MICR”) information. The quality of any Check Image must comply with the requirements established from time to time by the American National Standards Institute (“ANSI”), the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Board, or any other controlling regulatory agency, clearing house or association. You acknowledge and agree that even if the Bank does not identify a Check Image as ineligible, the Check Image may be returned to the Bank because, among other reasons, the Check Image or any Substitute Check created from the Check Image is deemed ineligible by the financial institution upon which it is drawn or any intermediate collecting financial institution. The Bank’s failure to identify a Check Image you transmit to the Bank as ineligible shall not preclude or limit your obligations.
- You shall fully destroy each Original Check in your Check Image deposit thirty (30) days following receipt and crediting of your Check Image deposit or as the Bank may otherwise instruct. Prior to destruction you shall maintain each Original Check in a secure location. You understand each Original Check must be fully destroyed following any retention period and that a paper shredder is one such method to assure destruction. You are responsible if an Original Check is misused following submission by Check Image deposit and prior to its full destruction.
- You make the following representations and warranties:
- You shall not alter any Original Check or Check Image and shall review the Check Image to ensure that it accurately represents all of the information on the front and the back of the Original Check at the time you scanned the Check Image.
- You shall submit to the Bank only Check Images that are suitable for processing, including, but not limited to, Check Images that are legible and contain machine-readable OCR or MICR data.
- You shall destroy the Original Checks as stated above.
- You shall not submit to the Bank or to any other person or entity for deposit or credit any Original Check if a Check Image of the Original Check has already been submitted using Remote Deposit and accepted for deposit into your account with the Bank, or any Original Check that was previously submitted by you to and was accepted by any other person or entity for deposit.
- You shall not deposit into your Account with the Bank or any other deposit taking institution, or otherwise negotiate or transfer to anyone, any Original Check that you submitted as a Check Image deposit to the Bank, unless following receipt of your submission, the Bank notifies you that the Check Image is ineligible and not accepted for deposit or that the Check Image or any Substitute Check created from the Image is refused by the financial institution upon which it is drawn.
- You shall indemnify, defend, and hold the Bank and its agents harmless from and against all liability, damage and loss arising from any claims, suits, or demands, brought by third parties with respect to any Check Image, Substitute Check, or Original Check processed through Remote Deposit as described above.
- You shall use Remote Deposit only for your own personal/consumer use in accordance with these terms and conditions, and you shall not make Remote Deposit available or transfer your rights to use Remote Deposit for the benefit of any third party.
- You agree to notify the bank of any suspected errors regarding items deposited through the service immediately, and in no event later than 30 days after we sent you the account statement on which the error appeared.
- The Bank will acknowledge receipt of your Check Image deposit submitted through Remote Deposit and notify you if a Check Image is not eligible for deposit. The Bank’s ability to provide Remote Deposit is conditioned upon the availability of the wireless or computer services and systems used in transmitting your requests and the Bank’s response. The Bank shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage incurred due to the failure or interruption of Remote Deposit, wireless or computer services, or systems, resulting from the act or omission of any third party or other causes not reasonably within the Bank’s control.
Text Message Service Terms and Conditions
Text Message Service offers access to account information (e.g., for checking balances and last transactions) as well as to establish alerts (e.g., low balance alerts) using Text Messaging (SMS) as a Mobile Banking Related Service. Enrollment requires identification of the user’s banking relationship as well as providing a mobile phone number. The mobile phone number’s verification is done by the user receiving an SMS message with a verification code which they will have to enter on the website. Additionally, customers may select the type of alerts and other preferences which will determine, together with their account data, the frequency of alerts delivered to the customer. This program will be ongoing. Message & Data rates may apply. Customers will be allowed to opt out of this program at any time.
For questions about the program, you can contact the Bank Customer Service Center at (812) 876-2229, or by texting “HELP” to: 99588. You can opt out of this service, by texting “STOP” to: 99588. You’ll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. After that, you will not receive any future messages.